21 May 2013
The deadline to submit applications for the position of Independent Director has been extended to 27 May 2013 (before 4pm).
The DHIRAAGU Articles of Association require an Independent Director to be elected by the public Shareholders at the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2012/13. Shareholders who meet the following criteria may nominate themselves or other Shareholders of the Company. Application Forms will be available on DHIRAAGU website and DHIRAAGU Head Office, Ameenee Magu with 27th May 2013 as the revised deadline for submissions.
The following criteria have been set by the Board Remunerations & Nominations Committee have for the applicants:
- holds a minimum undergraduate degree from a recognised university;
- have minimum 10 years’ professional or governmental work experience;
- previous experience of serving as a board director, and demonstrable record of active contribution to previous board memberships; and
- be a “fit and proper” person with strong reputation in business and wider community either internationally or in Maldives, with highest ethical standards.
Please be informed that the Independent Director shall:
- not maintain corporate or other professional interests or relations with DHIRAAGU which by its nature affects the Company’s business activity;
- not currently be, or has not been during the previous three (3) years, a manager of DHIRAAGU, or currently hold a contractual employment relationship with DHIRAAGU; and
- not have a first-degree relationship, including siblings, with any current member of the Board or manager or shareholder with a controlling stake in DHIRAAGU.
Only Shareholders of the Company may nominate themselves or nominate other Shareholders of the Company as candidates for independent directorship. If the candidate is applying on behalf of a Shareholder company/association, a board resolution of the particular company/association will be required.
Applicants may submit their Application Forms along with supporting documents to DHIRAAGU Head Office, Ameenee Magu (Ground Floor) or via email to email@example.com before 4.00pm on 27th May 2013.
All Shareholder nominations will be reviewed by the Board Remunerations & Nominations Committee and portfolios of shortlisted candidates will be made available to all Shareholders along with the Notice of the AGM 2012/13. The candidate that secures the most votes at the AGM shall become the Company’s Independent Director.
Maryam Manal Shihab
Company Secretary/Manager Investor Relations